Monday, January 10, 2005

My old broken system...

Who knew you could literally "Break" music. I didn't, until I found this guy. DJ Saskrotch is, for lack of a better term, friekin' nuts man. He takes old 8-bit style Nintendo music, and just goes psycho with it. It gives me that nostalgic feeling, while also giving me something to bang my head to. He doesn't just use old Nintendo music, though I can see that's where his main inspiration lies. He uses some rap to accompany the break beats, and sometimes he goes just a little insane, ok, maybe more than a little. On one of his albums, he transitions from a hardcore rap song accompanied with break beat video game music, to a break beat rendition of Kermit T. Frogs "Rainbow Connection". It doesn't get any better than that.

Go check him out at his official site: http://barnofhell.com/saskrotch.htm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is very interesting. I am going to listen to some things on your link. I'll be back and let you know what I think of them. Hope you can update more often! TT

January 10, 2005 at 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Demag0gue said...

Ha, very nice.... very insane.

August 24, 2005 at 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bloodgulch.net/
just found out about this site
its great

September 8, 2007 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home